Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Project: Crochet Hats


When I finally had free time to spend, I was so excited that I didn't know what to do at first. For some time, I spent most of it doing crochet projects for my the little girls. I have been seeing these cute headbands and bonnets with flowers on them and I decided to try my hand at making something like these for my girls. I searched the web and thankfully, I was able to find very helpful video tutorials on crocheting. I needed this badly since the last time I crocheted was way back in high school! It wasn't easy at first, I had a hard time getting the bonnet to fit because I could not find the specified yarn and crochet hook in the crafts store here. In the end, I just altered the instructions to make the bonnets fit. What I love the most about the flowers that I put on these caps is that they are interchangeable because they are just attached using a button, so I can mix and match the different colors. I am quite happy with the results. And I do think others liked it too because when I posted pictures in Facebook, I received several orders from friends for their kids or nieces. Haha, I don't think I'm ready to take orders just yet. I just lovingly made these for my angels. Actually, even my mom wants one for herself. I'll post the headbands next.  

Here are my DDs with the bonnets...


DD#2 with her maroon bonnet
And in case you were wondering, this is where I got the tutorials...
For DD#1's pink with maroon flower crochet shell cap: HERE
For DD#2's maroon with dark pink flower lightweight crochet beanie skull cap: HERE
For the flowers: HERE

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

The hats and flowers look great! And your daughters are adorable!!!
Thanks for the link, you are wonderful :)

poohgirlMD said...

Thanks Alyssa! I really love the flowers. I made headbands too... will post those soon. :)